2021 Secondary Water User Notice (Updated June 10, 2021)
Utah is in a state of extreme drought for outdoor watering. This is a result of limited precipitation last year causing low water levels in the mountain reservoirs. Due to the limited supply of secondary water, a drought reduction has been issued from water suppliers that will affect water users in Weber and Davis Counties. The total reduction is about 45% less than last year. The inflow of water into Syracuse reservoirs is noticeably less this year. This makes it impossible to keep up with demand if water use is not reduced.
Please be mindful of water conservation and eliminate overuse. Excess water runs into the storm drain or infiltrates into land drains underground that is not recaptured into the system. Provide only the water your landscape requires. Check timers and turn off systems when possible, adapting to the weather conditions. Enforcement of wasteful watering will occur. This includes fines and shutting off water. You may notify public works of any concerns or answer any questions. Consider the following:
- Apply water anytime between 6:00 PM and 10:00 AM when temperatures are lower.
- Adjust water sprinklers and spray heads to prevent overspray that is wasted into the gutters, streets and storm drains.
- Periodically check for leaks in the sprinkler system and make repairs, as necessary.
- Hose watering should not be left unattended.
- Turn off sprinklers during moderate to high winds, during and immediately after rainstorm downpours as well as mild rainstorm events lasting more than 20 minutes.
- Large properties such as churches, schools, and parks are regulated under a separate, custom water conservation program based on each property.
Please help in being good stewards in our limited water supply. Check syracuseut.gov for a weekly watering update.
NOTICE: No watering days are now in effect for all users and will be enforced:
ONLY WATER 2 DAYS OUT OF THE 5 AVAILABLE DAYS PER WEEK
Areas north of Antelope Drive and west of 2000 West: no watering Sunday and Tuesday.
Areas north of Antelope Drive and east of 2000 West: no watering Sunday and Wednesday.
Areas south of Antelope Drive and west of 2000 West: no watering Sunday and Thursday.
Areas south of Antelope Drive and east of 2000 West: no watering Sunday and Friday.
Violations are Subject to the following fines:
1st Violation: Warning
2nd Violation: $100 fine
3rd Violation: $250 fine
4th Violation: Secondary Water is shut off for the remainder of the season.
PUBLIC HEALTH SAFETY NOTICE: Cross connections are extremely dangerous to public health and are illegal. If this occurs, the entire secondary water system will be shut off to Syracuse City until it is found. Violators will be prosecuted. To protect your drinking water and have no disruption of secondary water, cross connections are not permitted. If you suspect a cross connection or are uncertain and would like a free inspection, call public works, or submit online fix-it request.
Here are some useful links and resources: